This was the 14-year-old Tanya Tucker's first hit single on the Country charts.
When I was an obnoxious little kid, I insisted on performing this in front of family members.
I think the grandparents liked it, because I remember singing it
several times in front of people at various family gatherings.
"She's 41, and her daddy still calls her Baby...
I think the grandparents liked it, because I remember singing it
several times in front of people at various family gatherings.
"She's 41, and her daddy still calls her Baby...
Folks around Brownsville say that she is crazy"
What in the hell was I singing about?!
In other song news: My mother is German, and had German albums around the house.
And to this day, I remember also belting out some Marlene Dietrich song
as a 6-year-old and then being mad when neither of my parents
agreed that MY version was better!
(I've since looked up various Marlene songs, and can't at all recall
what I might have been singing!)
No comments:
Post a Comment