The kittens themselves aren't bothersome at all. They're still cute, just now getting bold and rambunctious, venturing out into the living room and climbing up on me. Mama Henny, though, is an indication of what four GROWN cats will be like: Just 7 weeks after giving birth, Henny's been in heat again ALREADY for the past week. She yowls constantly for a half-hour at a time around 4 times a day. (I initially thought she just wanted to go out, but according to online "experts," her constant rubbing and rolling and sticking her butt up in the air mean... in heat. Sounds about right. I yelled at her to STOP IT both yesterday and today, which sent her scurrying away from me into the bedroom. I felt terrible for scaring her. I know she can't help it, but she's been fucking annoying.)
So, yeah, the kittens are cute now, and I love them and their personalities, but... pretty soon they're going to be going through their adolescence and going to need to be fixed, have their shots, etc. (If you haven't had cats before: getting adult cats into a cage to take them to the vet is traumatic for all involved every time.)
So, no, I don't want this angst multiplied by four. Gotta give away two of the babies very soon. (But they're all so cute... And much more importantly, and sadly, than being "cute": I know these babies a little bit. I know their various quirks. I know that they like to sleep with each other and with their mama, and that they like to play with each other and their mama. It's going to be sad separating two of them from their family.)
| Solomon, Georgie, and Lily. |
| Solomon and Georgie. |
No comments:
Post a Comment