Woke up Monday morning after a vivid series of "visitations" from someone I once knew (who's still, presumably, alive).
Five or six different dream scenarios:
The First: "Angela" from "The Office," in "The Office" setting, was telling many of us gathered around about someone she knew going through difficulties, without mentioning a name. I was listening and suddenly figured out that she was talking about someone that I also knew. Small talk about "what a small world."
Next couple of scenarios: The person I knew was speaking directly to me, as if via a screen. She appeared in two different outfits. I could not understand her completely, but I sensed that her sister was about to die.
Final scenarios: The woman was with me in an academic setting, something like a president-of-a-university's office, with lots of wood paneling and heavy, lush furniture. She was an honored guest. Officials were milling about, greeting her. I felt like someone important for hosting her. I was in charge of the entertainment, and I provided her with a country artist (who had Tim McGraw's face but was running around on stage like Garth Brooks. I felt embarrassed because I wanted her to like the music that I liked, but these guys were embarrassing). The country show included a pre-teen girl making jokes. The person I knew/guest of honor then accused me of being sexually attracted to the girl. Knowing myself as having a pattern of being attracted to older people, and knowing the guest as being someone who was sexually abused as a girl, I protested. Woke up protesting.
I haven't been in touch with this person for more than a year. This dream aroused very powerful feelings. A deep concern, a want/need to protect her... and then, ultimately, also a deep need to protect MYSELF, to avoid being profoundly misunderstood.
No comments:
Post a Comment