An oft-asked rhetorical question: What historical figures would you invite to a dinner party? Assuming that some sparkling conversation would ensue.
Here's who I'd like to see around a table, talking it out amongst themselves (me not there but definitely listening in):
Jesus
Jim Jones
Charles Manson
John Lennon
(Absolutely no "scholars" at the table because all of their info is gained from books. Not having experienced anything, they thus don't KNOW anything.)
I think the fey political poseur John Lennon would flee the table after about 15 minutes, because his "world views" were garnered only circa 1972 from his elitist (banker-daughter) left-wing-radical wife that he was so desperate to please---I don't think he quite thought anything through. His received ideas wouldn't stand up for more than 15 minutes, despite Charlie's admiration.
The other three, though, were actually original, strong male thinkers... Probably pretty interesting to listen to their compared notes re "socialism."
And I guess go ahead and add Hitler in there. What would Hitler, Manson, and Jones have to say to Jesus? Probably, "How did you manage to last for 2000 years, man?"
And also the mental state of each man: Jones, Jesus, and Hitler---all suicidal. (Jones a suicide with only a minor fight, Jesus a suicidal martyr, Hitler a suicide after a constant fight. Manson = self-preservation above all!) Discuss THAT, boys!





No comments:
Post a Comment