Monday, August 08, 2022

Ha! Company that turned me down in 2020...

 ... has now listed the same position for the 6th time on Internet job sites!

I've probably written this here before, but... here's why I hate them:

(1) I interviewed with them in late 2019, but after that, they didn't get back to me until early 2020.
(2) For the second interview, their stupid secretary got the time wrong. So when I arrived, the obnoxious Indian guy boss INCORRECTLY chewed me out for being late.
(3) The white wife of the Indian boss asked me if I smoked, and when I said I did, said that, funny, I didn't smell.
(4) This whole group---the boss, the wife, and about 4 or 5 secretaries---were all stuck in one tiny room, with a spare conference room.
(5) The place was only about 10 miles from my home---but it took me over an hour each way to get to/from this location, thanks to Austin's disgusting traffic.
(6) After I provided writing/editing samples, and when the wife was about to condescend to hire me, she called my old boss (why I quit the old job---utterly incompetent boss), who told her that she would not hire me again (my old job was a State job, and it's actually illegal to say this---especially since all of my annual reviews were very good; so I had to contact HR and State reps, etc.). The potential new boss expressed her doubts about me, and I, being desperate for work, scrambled like mad to get other GOOD references to contact her so she'd like me... After a few days, she condescended to offer me the job, with a 3-month trial period... But at that point, I'd been offered another job---that paid about $10K more per year than both the old job and this crummy potential new job.

I'm still at the same great new job that I was offered, while these losers are still scrambling around---for the 6th time!!---for someone desperate enough to join their horrible one-room group.

No comments: