Tuesday, December 18, 2018

1945: "Children of Paradise"


As I was going to sleep Monday night, checked on TCM, which was showing the French "Children of Paradise" from 1am to 5am. Four hours! I'd never heard of it, and thought a 4-hour-long film was odd, but tried to stay up as long as I could... As I initially started watching, I had the sound turned down on my TV and had on Disc 2 of the "Complete Eric Clapton"  and, oddly, the songs seemed to mesh perfectly with the film, as if it were a Silent...

I had no clue what was going on onscreen, the visuals were so strange. I had to make a note to myself of the name of the film to look up the next day, because whatever was happening seemed significant. (It seemed more like an early silent film than a film from 1945.)

I was only able to watch 45 minutes or so before falling asleep. And here is my looking up the next day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_Paradise

No comments: