Tuesday, December 18, 2018

If you can't be with the one you luff...

...buy stuff!

I've lived in my current apartment for a year and a half. From the beginning, I had two TVs, one for the living room, one for the bedroom. But my cable provider Spectrum couldn't figure out my initial order of TWO boxes, one for each set. And so I lived with just the TV in the living room (the bedroom TV sitting there blankly). After a few months came a big electrical storm that killed my living room TV (the better one). I threw that one out, moved the smaller unused bedroom TV to my living room, which is what I've been living with ever since (no loss, since the bedroom TV had never been in use).

As of today... I finally got sick of always going to sleep on the living-room couch watching TV! I'm addicted to TV, and I need to go to sleep to it. But having no TV in the bedroom, despite having a great queen-sized bed, I could never just leave the living room to officially GO TO BED. Today, I finally made the move to try to adjust to an actual real sleeping schedule: I ordered another TV for the bedroom, along with a Roku stick, so I can still see my cable! (In other news, I also ordered a Blu-ray player for the living-room TV.)

Now, once all of this "fancy" stuff arrives, it's going to take me a while to get all of it figured out, what with all the passwords needed, etc. But STILL... I'm FINALLY going to be using my bedroom, with its very nice bed, to sleep in!!

All of this ordering is in anticipation of my upcoming 11 days off of work, during which I'll have time to work on stuff, re-adjust, get re-situated from a VERY crappy 2018 and perhaps start off 2019 in a better way, at least electronically, but also...getting to sleep in that nice, until-now-infrequently-used-queen-sized bed! (Which has had the same set of sheets on it for nearly a year! I can't wait to wash those and change 'em out! New Year!)

No comments: