Sunday, July 04, 2021

Street Hair

Back in March, when I couldn't get scheduled for my regular hair-dresser, I went for the first time to a hair-dresser operating out of a bus parked on my street. (I wasn't totally crazy---he used to have a regular salon on the same street, and only since Covid did he de-camp to the bus.)

His haircut in March was very good. But, because I like walking into an actual building and being offered temple massages at my usual salon, I went back to my usual hairdresser in April---unfortunately, she gave me a very bad cut.

So I went back to the bus-guy a couple of days ago. Again---a very good haircut. BUT: Aside from being in a bus and not getting a temple massage... Do I really want to discuss the value of Ketamine and LSD mental treatments when I go to my stylist? I kinda do, but then I mainly don't! :)

The semi-good thing about this guy is when he told me about the alleged virtues of Ketamine, I then said, "God, no, NEVER would I mess with my mind like that! Are YOU subjecting yourself to that treatment?" As it turned out, he said he didn't think he had mental problems that required "Ketamine treatment"! (Ah---so it's good for other people, but not for yourself!)

Sigh.

So I kinda like the interesting guy who gives good haircuts. And won't go back to the salon where the girl gave me scalp massages but crappy haircuts. But surely there's a happy medium somewhere----between an untalented nurturing girl and a talented annoying/crazy guy....



No comments: