I've got no home to go home to when I'm old.
My family moved to Azle, Texas, in 1976 and I graduated from Azle High School, but we didn't have roots there. (My father is from East Texas, and my mother is from Germany.)
I've lived for the most part in Austin since 1983. But IN Austin. I don't know the AREA. I don't have roots or family in the area. (My brother followed me here, and then, when she retired, my mother followed my brother here---she'd been in Azle, then in San Antonio for 20 years.)
Of all the places I've lived, I liked Weehawken, New Jersey, the best. Beautiful architecture, beautiful landscape. I was able to walk to the supermarket, walk to my favorite sandwich shop and pizza shop. A bus to NYC was right across the street. But I only lived there for 2 years---don't even know what's changed there now (I left in 2010).
Most people in their middle age are able to picture something mentally for their future. I can't. At this moment, it seems like I'll be in some sort of generic apartment in Austin.
Monday, May 23, 2022
Where to live upon retirement?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment