Sunday, April 24, 2022

Are you better off than you were 2 years ago?

In 2021, I had exactly the same job that I had in 2020. I made exactly the same amount of money in 2021 as I did in 2020. I filed my tax return in 2022 (for year 2021) with the exact same tax service that I filed with in 2021 (for year 2020). But my refund for 2020 was $440, and this year my refund for 2021 is $5.

Come to think of it: When I moved into my current 2-bed apartment in April 2017, my rent was $1275. It remained the same for the next 2 years. In May 2020, it was raised by $75 to $1350. In May 2021, it was raised by $27 to $1377. But this May 2022, it was raised by $223 to $1600.

Are YOU better off than you were 2 years ago?

Aside from your rent/mortgage, what are you paying for gas now in 2022? Or for a simple McDonald's meal?

And aside from overt inflation in the past 2 years: Is the US border situation better off? Is the US crime rate better off? Is the world situation better off?

Is all of this sudden descent into chaos mere coincidence, or does it actually have to do with pure incompetence---either of the decrepit Biden or the decrepit socialist policies that his handlers are promoting?


No comments: