Friday, I took 3 Amazon items to the local UPS store for returns. As usual, I had the return code printed out and attached to the correct item. Usually nobody cares, but this time the girl at the counter said, "Thank you! Usually nobody has anything prepared." Why, thank you for noticing! :)
Reminded me of back in the '90s when Marlboro had a "Miles" promotion. If you sent in the "Miles" from the side of the cigarette pack, you could order items from their catalogue based on how many miles you sent in. (I ended up getting a coat, a bag, a sweatshirt, a grill, and various other items. Never could save up enough for the pool table!) When I sent in my miles to the company, I was very careful and orderly: After tearing them off the pack, I'd cut around the edges and then glue them onto a sheet of paper in neat rows---with the total miles written at the end of each row. I later met a guy who'd also been sending in his miles: He'd just tear them off and throw them in an envelope!
Life lesson: Mostly, people don't care. But sometimes they do. I still have hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment