The last corn (mass cane) plant I had lasted for about 5 years. I killed it over this past winter by leaving it outside during a couple of frosts. (It survived the first frost, but not the second.) Since its death, I've had its remains sitting outside during the spring---so far, not a hint of rebirth. (I'd had it indoors for its first 3 years, where it grew, but wasn't that excited about it. Once I set it outside, though, it went nuts.)
I think I got Mass Cane 1 at my local grocery store, which no longer carries them, though I've been looking in their plant section every time I go. Since I'm not really a Home Depot shopper (have no home to fix up), I didn't know where else to look. Perchance, while ordering cleaning supplies at Walmart.com, I saw that they had some plants that you could order! I doubted that any plant via Walmart would be great, but...
Just look at that beautiful thing! And only $24.99! It arrived this afternoon in a tall, narrow cardboard box with a heavy, dead THUD at my door (thrown on its side, when the packaging clearly said "Keep Upright"---why don't people listen?). It's got a few bumps and bruises, and the planter was squashed, but look at it now, bright and sturdy, clearly wanting to live despite its travails! :)
I think I got Mass Cane 1 at my local grocery store, which no longer carries them, though I've been looking in their plant section every time I go. Since I'm not really a Home Depot shopper (have no home to fix up), I didn't know where else to look. Perchance, while ordering cleaning supplies at Walmart.com, I saw that they had some plants that you could order! I doubted that any plant via Walmart would be great, but...
Just look at that beautiful thing! And only $24.99! It arrived this afternoon in a tall, narrow cardboard box with a heavy, dead THUD at my door (thrown on its side, when the packaging clearly said "Keep Upright"---why don't people listen?). It's got a few bumps and bruises, and the planter was squashed, but look at it now, bright and sturdy, clearly wanting to live despite its travails! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment