Sunday, August 09, 2009

Two different Leo horoscopes for my b'day week

First the good news:

Leo Horoscope for week of August 6, 2009 (Free Will Astrology)

If you really knew how much you were loved, you would never cry again. A sublime relaxation would flood your nervous system, freeing you to see the beautiful secrets that your chronic fear has hidden from you. If you knew how much the world longs for your genius to bloom in its full glory, the peace that filled you would ensure you could not fail. You'd face every trial with eager equanimity. You would always know exactly what to do because your intuition would tell you in a myriad of subtle ways. And get this: A glimpse of this glory will soon be available to you.

------------------------------------------------------

And the bad:

Your horoscope - Week of August 10, 2009 (astrocenter.com)

You need to reassess your hopes and dreams this week, Leo. You have a tendency to view yourself as a dashing knight in shining armor in an adventure novel, or as the captivating heroine of a Hollywood movie. That's fine, but when it comes time to create a life plan, you need to be a bit more realistic about who you really are. On Monday ardent Mars in your sector of what you wish for squares stern Saturn and you might have to face the fact that one of your most cherished hopes isn't going to happen. It's possible that you were too impractical when you created your wish list and now you'll need to formulate more practical aspirations for yourself. Don't promise an associate more than you can deliver on Friday, as the Sun in extravagant Leo in your sector of self is opposite excessive Jupiter in Aquarius. You have a big heart and you love to help others, but you may not have all the resources you need to assist your friend in his or her current dilemma. Keep that in mind before you offer to solve your associate's problems.

------------------------------------------------


As for the "good news" sector, I got a nice birthday card from my mother today. She enclosed a school picture of my beloved nephew (which I now have sitting by my desk) and wrote, in part: "...Remember that people care about you...Your family cares about you. Regardless of the tension that is between us... you must believe that I have always loved you and always will love you. So, there!" I'm crying now upon re-reading that. (So much for "never crying again"!) :) Now, eagerly awaiting the part about "the world longing for my genius"! (ha!) :)

And as for the bad news that "...you might have to face the fact that one of your most cherished hopes isn't going to happen. It's possible that you were too impractical when you created your wish list and now you'll need to formulate more practical aspirations for yourself": Yeah, I've already been thinking about the fact that I may not be able to stay in my beloved NYC. It pains me to no end that I may have to go back to Austin just because it's affordable. (I HATE even thinking of money as a consideration. Sounds silly, but I've always thought about my SOUL first.) My first job here in NYC paid $28 an hour and I was easily able to afford my $1500 a month apartment, with thousands to spare. But now that the economy's tanked, rents are still basically the same while jobs in my field are offering $10 - $15 an hour. It's a cold, hard fact: I can't live on that. Not unless I got a one-room hovel in Queens or got a roommate. And I'm too old for either of those options. I want my own place, and I want my own place in a non-slum environment. (Is that thinking "practical" enough for ya, mean horoscope?) :)

It's a hard reality for me to face. But, as the horoscope above accurately pointed out, I do think I've held a romantic, "dashing" view of myself that I may need to now readjust. With all of the above thoughts in mind, even before reading the horoscopes, I walked to the Hudson and looked at the Manhattan skyline for a while tonight...and asked if I could stay...pretty please. I have enough Unemployment pay to live here through November. After that, unless I've found a full-time job that pays over $20 an hour, I've got to go live somewhere where I can support myself.

I've got to "man up" and be an adult and stop thinking about my SOUL, I guess is what THAT lesson is going to be. Sigh. (No: "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" the childish dreamer in me is actually protesting!)

No comments: